Are you planning an upcoming trip to Juneau? Whether you’re visiting for business, pleasure, or something in between, let us introduce you to the best hotel – and lodging in general – in downtown Juneau, the Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites. We offer 12 contemporary guest rooms in the heart of downtown Juneau, putting you within easy reach of the city’s top attractions. From here, you can enjoy the area’s top museums, restaurants, and shops, while still being just minutes from some of the area’s best hiking trails.
The Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites is the perfect home away from home. Our hotel is cozy and will be a welcome respite after a long day in the outdoors. In the lobby, you’ll find a warm fireplace, couches, books, games, and a regular selection of coffee, tea, cocoa, and snacks that are available around the clock. In the evening, unwind and reward your tired muscles with a soak on our rooftop hot tub – it’s the only one of its kind in town! The fun never stops here, and the difference will be obvious from the moment you first step foot through our front door. Book your room at our downtown Juneau hotel today!
The Best Hotel in Downtown Juneau
There are a number of hotels and other lodging properties in the Juneau area, but none quite so special as the Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites – a fact which is evident by our exceptional reviews. Our Juneau Hotel was the first and remains the only boutique property situated in downtown Juneau. Even though we’re located in a spectacularly renovated historic building, your stay includes every modern convenience you could possibly need during your time with us.
The guest rooms at our Juneau Hotel are have been thoughtfully designed to meet the needs of the modern traveler. Whether you’re here on a solo adventure, are here on business, or are visiting with family, you’ll find our guest rooms well appointed and comfortable. Each hotel room comes equipped with hairdryers, bath salts, lotions, irons, black-out blinds, comfy robes, and super fast wifi.
We also offer a wonderful range of amenities. You will want for nothing during your time with us! From healthy breakfasts, mid-day treats, and chocolate surprises to 24/7 tea, coffee, and cocoa, we promise to make your stay extraordinary. We also offer Juneau’s only rooftop hot tub, which is accessible year-round.
5 Great Things to do in Downtown Juneau
Juneau is an exciting place to visit, no matter your reason to be here in the first place. There are plenty of beautiful places to explore, including the famed Mendenhall Glacier. With so many things to do in Juneau and beautiful places to explore, you’ll want to spend at least a few days here!
Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Juneau.
- Enjoy getting to know the history of our town and the state of Alaska at the Alaska State Museum in downtown Juneau.
- For great craft beer downtown, head to Devil’s Club Brewing Company, which is just 2 blocks from our Inn. We also recommend visiting Alaskan Brewery and Bottling Center, which is just outside of downtown Juneau.
- Gain a new appreciation for Native culture at the Sealaska Heritage’s Walter Soboleff Building. This incredible space is home to Alaska’s largest collection of Southeast Alaska Native art.
- Take a walking tour of downtown Juneau. Along the way, you’ll see things like the docks, old saloons such as the Red Dog Saloon, a number of historic buildings and churches, the Alaska Capitol, and the Governor’s House, among others.
- Of all the things to do in Juneau, there’s nothing more popular than a visit to the famous Mendenhall Glacier, which is the only glacier in southeast Alaska that’s accessible by road. Take the short 2-mile (roundtrip) hike to Nugget Falls, and enjoy a different view of Mendenhall Glacier.
- Take a scenic drive up Glacier Highway (Route 7), stopping as often as needed to absorb the beautiful scenery of this area.
- Get out in the wilderness, and head to Admiralty Island National Monument. There’s approximately 1 brown bear per square mile here, so it’s your best chance at seeing some of Alaska’s wildlife.
- Take a small boat tour through the Tracy Arm Fjord, which offers an unparalleled opportunity to view scenery and wildlife, such as eagles, seals, bears, and whales.
- Take a helicopter or flightseeing (small plane) tour over the glaciers and vast wilderness of Juneau.
- There are plenty of great Juneau hiking trails to choose from that are accessible from our Inn. A few of our favorites include the Perseverance Trail, Granite Creek Trail, Mount Juneau Trail, and of course the Mt. Roberts Trail, which takes you to the top of Mount Roberts Tramway and a rewarding view.