There are plenty of fun things to do in downtown Juneau throughout the year including enjoying the 5 great breweries mentioned below. Though it’s true that the most popular attractions, such as Mendenhall Glacier, the Tracy Arm Fjord, Admiralty Island, and more lie outside of downtown, there are still plenty of reasons to spend some time in downtown Juneau. To start, that’s where our hotel, the Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites, is.
Our downtown location is actually one of our best features, aside from the comfortable guest rooms and the exceptional service you’ll enjoy here. Being situated in downtown allows our guests to spend their days adventuring in the reaches beyond downtown Juneau during the day, returning here at night where they can enjoy the town’s many great restaurants, breweries, bars, shops, and other attractions.
Our Juneau hotel is also welcoming, cozy, and offers you a quintessentially Juneau experience. In the lobby, you’ll find a warm fireplace, couches, books, games, and a regular selection of coffee, tea, cocoa, and snacks that are available around the clock. In the evening, unwind and reward your tired muscles with a soak on our rooftop hot tub – it’s the only one of its kind in town! And, after one of the best nights of sleep you’ll enjoy away from home, we’ll greet you in the morning with a delicious breakfast. Book your room at our downtown Juneau hotel today!
Great Breweries & More in Downtown Juneau
We’re proud to be situated in the heart of historic downtown Juneau. Apart from being unbelievably beautiful, Juneau is a place filled with history, art, music, and Native heritage. Between visiting the Alaska State Capital, touring museums, gaining a better appreciation of Alaska’s gold-rush past, and learning more about native cultures through art, you could spend many days exploring the streets of downtown Juneau in between your adventures beyond.
There’s something wonderful about returning from an adventure in the wilderness to a cold pint of beer or a deliciously crafted cocktail. Just like in the rest of the country has seen an explosion of craft breweries and distilleries, so too has downtown Juneau. Visiting these breweries and distilleries is a great way to taste a little local flavor and character, too. With ingredients like harvest spruce tips and rhubarb, you can expect the beers and spirits from downtown Juneau’s breweries and distilleries to be distinctly Alaskan.
There are 4 great breweries in downtown Juneau and one great distillery worth visiting while you’re here.
- Alaska Brewing Company is perhaps the most famous of Juneau’s breweries, and they’ve opened up a new and larger tasting room outside of town near the airport. It’s definitely worth the trip, as in addition to their 20 or so on-tap brews, ranging from their flagships brews to fan favorites, they also offer a selection of beers that aren’t available anywhere else. You can also pick up a growler and bring it back to our hotel.
- Our friends at Barnaby Brewing Company may not produce a lot of beer, but what they do produce is exceptional. They have plenty of delicious brews on tap in their taproom, and also sell beer to go if you’d rather enjoy somewhere else (like the Silverbow Inn!).
- The taproom for Devils Club Brewing Co is worth the trip in its own right. It’s situated in a beautiful historic building in downtown Juneau. And, of course, their beer is just as delicious. They offer a great range of beers on tap, limited bottles and cans for sales, as well as some that are only available in the taproom itself.
- Forbidden Peak Brewery, located in beautiful Auke Bay, is Juneau’s newest brewery. They offer 12 delicious beers on tap at their brewery, and like all the rest offer beer to go if you’d rather enjoy it off-site as well.
- Amalga Distillery is Juneau’s first and only craft distillery. They are well known for their Juneauper Gin, which is made with locally sourced spruce tips, Devil’s Club, Labrador Tea, and rhubarb. They also just released a new Single Malt Whiskey (which already sold out). We highly recommend stopping in for a delicious cocktail and learning more about the process behind these delicious spirits.
Stay at Juneau’s Best Hotel
When it comes to where to stay in downtown Juneau, there’s nowhere better than our boutique hotel. The Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites is located in a beautifully renovated and historic building, just steps away from some of the top attractions in downtown Juneau, including a number of these great distilleries.
Aside from comfortable accommodations and exceptional hospitality, your stay in our downtown Juneau hotel includes the use of our private rooftop hot tub, which has a great view of Juneau and offers incomparable relaxation, and our broad range of amenities. Each morning, start off your day on the right foot with a delicious breakfast in our lobby, featuring a variety of hot items made just for you, or cold favorites like local Chef Stef’s Granola. We also offer plenty of treats, hot cocoa, and tea for your enjoyment throughout the afternoon.
We believe it’s the small things that take your stay from something ordinary to extraordinary. Come experience the difference, and book your room at our downtown Juneau hotel today!