We know that visitors to Juneau typically begin to plan their adventures well in advance – and that is especially true when planning to bring your family along with you. If you’re looking for a family-friendly Juneau hotel for your next adventure, you’ve found it! We’re not just the best Juneau hotel for families – we’re the best hotel in downtown Juneau!
Our Juneau hotel is within walking distance of the city’s main attractions, museums, restaurants, shopping, hiking trails, and more. You can quickly get around on foot or bike in downtown Juneau, placing you within easy reach of all of the adventures you want to do while here.
We’ve carefully thought out the amenities offered at our Juneau hotel, which includes things like a warm fireplace, couches, books, and games in our lobby – not to mention a 24/7 coffee, tea, cocoa, and snack station! We also have a range of suites developed with every traveler in mind, from the solo business traveler to the multi-generation family vacationing together.
We’ve made it easier than ever to travel and create lasting memories with your kids and extended family. Book your room at our great family-friend Juneau hotel today!
The Best Juneau Hotel for Families
The Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites is the only Juneau hotel that offers superb family-friend accommodations and a host of amenities to make your trip easier and more enjoyable. Our Juneau hotel is situated in the city’s downtown core and within walking distance to various of the city’s top attractions, trails, and more.
Families love the spacious suites found at our Juneau hotel- especially our newest additions on the top floor, which come with fully stocked kitchenettes. Room 309, our one-bedroom apartment, features a king bed, a fully-stocked galley kitchen, and a queen pull-out sleeper in the living room for your ultimate convenience. Downstairs, in room 210, you’ll find a one-bedroom open concept loft that is great for families, too. It sleeps up to 6 people and also offers a fully-stocked kitchenette for your convenience throughout your stay.
We know mornings with families can be hectic, which is why we have breakfast ready for you every day, leaving you more time to relax and enjoy your vacation. During the summer, breakfast will be served to you between 7 am, and 10 am. In the winter, you’re free to enjoy breakfast whenever you choose – we keep our kitchen stopped with healthy and delicious options for every diner. We also have a range of snacks available throughout the day because we know families get hungry!
We’ve tried to think of everything at our Juneau hotel, which means we also offer a fantastic range of amenities beyond breakfast. From cable TV and free, fast WIFI to relaxing rooftop hot tubs and complimentary concierge service throughout your stay, we do offer so much more than the traditional Juneau hotel – and that is what makes us the perfect choice for family-friendly lodging!
Our Favorite Family-Friendly Things to do in Juneau
Juneau is an exciting place to visit, no matter your reason to be here. There are more things to do in Juneau than you can do on one trip, and some truly fantastic things to do in Juneau with families! We love raising our kids here in Juneau and are more than happy to help you plan a fun range of activities to enjoy with your family when you visit our Juneau hotel.
With so many things to do in Juneau and beautiful places to explore, you’ll want to spend at least a few days here! Here are just a few of our favorite family-friendly things to do in Juneau.
- Of all the things to do in Juneau, there’s nothing more popular than a visit to the famous Mendenhall Glacier, which is the only glacier in southeast Alaska that’s accessible by road. It’s a great place to explore with kids, with various family-friendly hikes to take the area. One of our favorites is the short 2-mile (roundtrip) hike to Nugget Falls.
- Enjoy getting to know the history of our town and the state of Alaska at the Alaska State Museum in downtown Juneau. We also recommend taking a walking tour of downtown Juneau to help orient you to this unique town and its history.
- Suppose you want to introduce your family to Juneau’s incredible wilderness and wildlife. In that case, there’s no better place to do it than Admiralty Island National Monument, home to the Pack Creek Bear Viewing Area. There’s approximately one brown bear per square mile here, so it’s your best chance at seeing some of Alaska’s wildlife.
- Take a small boat tour through the Tracy Arm Fjord, which offers an unparalleled opportunity to view scenery and wildlife, including eagles, seals, bears, and whales.
- There are plenty of great Juneau hiking trails to choose from that are accessible from our Inn. A few of our favorites include the Perseverance Trail, Granite Creek Trail, Mount Juneau Trail, and of course, the Mt. Roberts Trail, which takes you to the top of Mount Roberts Tramway and a rewarding view.
- For something truly memorable to do with your family, consider is Dog Sledding On The Mendenhall Glacier!
- There’s great skiing at the nearby Eaglecrest Ski Area in the winter, perfect for skiers of all ages and abilities. There’s also plenty of snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and sledding available during the winter!
Truly, Juneau is a veritable playground for families and a wonderful place to create lasting memories together. With plenty of spacious lodging to choose from, our Juneau hotel is the perfect place to call home while you’re here. Book your room with us today, and let us know how we can help you to start planning your adventures!