Large cruise boats have been pulling into Juneau’s port for years, bringing droves of tourists to the capital city to see exciting attractions like Mendenhall Glacier and the Mt. Roberts Tramway. However, 2021 holds something exciting in store for our guests looking for luxury cruises. Seabourn Cruises is planning to pull into Juneau’s port in 2021, and to-date will be the largest ship to have ever used Juneau as a turnaround point.
Luxury cruises like those offered by Seaborn Cruises are an exciting way to set sail on the stunning waters found between here and Vancouver. These luxury cruises offer you the very best when it comes to seeing and experiencing Southeast Alaska, with the watered-down experience you’d find aboard traditional large cruise liners. If you’re looking to take one of these luxury cruises in 2021, we’d love to help you plan your trip, including any excursions and other adventures you want to enjoy while you’re here in Juneau.
Our hotel, located in the heart of Juneau’s thriving downtown, is the perfect place to call home while you’re here, too. Our Juneau hotel is situated in a spectacularly renovated historic building, offering guests 12 contemporary guest rooms and every modern convenience imaginable, including a healthy organic breakfast and a rooftop hot tub with a view of three surrounding mountains. Lock in your adventures for 2021, and book a room at our impressive Juneau hotel today!
Seabourn Cruises Brings Luxury Cruises to Juneau
Seabourn Cruises offers what they call ultra-luxury cruises that offer the chance to experience a more in-depth tour of Alaska’s nature, history, forestry, and wildlife. This is one of the best and easiest ways to witness the majestic natural beauty of Southeast Alaska, including things like calving glaciers, humpback whales, and towering forests, with a wonderful mix of up-close adventures and luxurious amenities to enjoy along the way.
For 2021, Seabourn Cruises is bringing its brand of luxury cruises to Juneau. There are a number of luxury cruises through Seabourn Cruises that disembark from Vancouver, BC, and make their way to Juneau, offering an incredible opportunity to see some of the best scenery in the world on the way. Each of the are 7 days, and include exciting possibilities like the following:
- Walking and ziplining through a rainforest canopy in Ketchikan.
- Visiting the National Historic Park of Sitka, taking a hike, and enjoying the unique blend of Tlingit and Russian cultures that defines what was once the first capital city of Alaska.
- Cruising the beautiful Yakutat Bay as you get closer to Hubbard Glacier, the largest tidewater glacier in the world.
- Cruising by Zodiac among the ice calved from Hubbard Glacier or kayaking around the same glacier.
- Kayaking or boating around the famed Inian Islands as you enter the inside passage.
- Exploring the authentic Hoonah Village of the Tlingit people and enjoying a seafood feast and tribal dance.
- Visiting the Alaskan town of Haines, which is home to the largest concentration of bald eagles on earth, and where grizzly bears gorge themselves on spawning salmon.
- Visit the capital city of Juneau, where you can hike the Perseverance Trail or around Mendenhall Glacier, board a whale-watching boat, or view the mountains and extensive glaciers of the Juneau Icefield from a helicopter.
Seabourn Cruises is offering a special on their luxury cruises to Alaska this year, too. Book your cruise by March 1, 2021, and you’ll be able to take advantage of their select offers, including Veranda Suite upgrades, up to $2,000 shipboard credit, internet packages, and a 50% reduced deposit. If that’s not a great incentive to get your luxury cruises on the books for 2021, we don’t know what is!
The Best Lodging in Juneau
Once you’re in Juneau, we encourage you to stay for a few days, and maybe even launch yourself into even more adventures in Southeast Alaska. There are so many wonderful things to see in this part of the world, including Glacier Bay National Park, Admiralty Island, home to the Pack Creek Bear Viewing Area, and wilderness and glaciers aplenty. Our Juneau hotel will serve as the perfect home base for your adventures, too, offering you 12 contemporary guest rooms and every modern convenience imaginable.