With Alaska being one of the most sought out bucket list destinations, there is a list of must-do tours those that make it here should do. When planning for a spectacular experience in Alaska for the upcoming New Year, one should consider Juneau tours. There are a surprising number of adventures you can have during your stay in Alaska. The adventurous Juneau tours can range from helicopter tours to dog sledding expeditions. Tours can be tailored to suit those adrenaline junkies or exclusively family-friendly tours. The choice is yours! Let us help you to find some of the most popular Juneau tours to explore in 2022.
Some of the best Juneau tours can be found close to our lovely downtown Juneau Silverbow Inn Hotel & Suites. Our comfortable boutique hotel is located right in the heart of town. We offer a wonderful range of guest rooms at our Juneau hotel, including several with fully-stocked kitchenettes and plenty of space for an entire family or rooms that are well-suited for a more intimate, romantic setting.
Book your stay with us today!
Our Top 5 Juneau Tours for 2022
When you travel to Alaska, the words that come to mind are beauty and adventure. There are a host of opportunities to take advantage of when staying in Juneau. Some of the most desired adventures are right outside your door when in Juneau, Alaska. Here are some of our favorite tours to explore.
- Coastal Helicopters–This Juneau company has a number of tours to choose from, but one of the highlighted tours is the Icefield excursion. The overall tour duration is 2.5 hours, including transportation. This is an amazing, narrated, pilot-guided, experience that will lift and fly you over the massive Juneau Icefield where you will witness spectacular rock formations, icefalls, moulins, crevasses, ponds, and streams on the Herbert Glacier. Your helicopter will land and you and your loved ones will be able to explore this spectacular, natural beauty by foot. Come and explore one of their Juneau tours.
- Gold Rush Dog Tours, LLC–Their operations coincide with competitive mushing’s offseason, May-September, allowing for the notorious Iditarod and Yukon Quest sled dogs to join for summer cart-mushing in Juneau. The tour includes 1 hour 20 minutes of family-friendly adventure and fun! You will be whisked away by the Alaskan husky team along the one-and-a-half-mile trail through the beautiful landscape. Once you return to Dog Sledding Summer Camp you will have the chance to meet the dogs and snuggle the next generation of great Alaskan athletes…puppies!
- Alaska Luxury Tours–Juneau tours offer those who are interested in exploring in style, this is a luxurious way to go whale-watching. The tour is 4 hours in duration and is suitable for all ages with a maximum capacity for 8 guests. You will be picked up in a Mercedes from your hotel and chauffered to Auke Bay. There, you will be met by your captain and board the only whale-watching yacht in Southeast Alaska. The captain will seek out humpback whales and other world-class wildlife on your exclusive Juneau tours. Luxury inclusions: State of the art private yacht, Alaskan beer, wine, champagne, coffee, soft drinks, charcuterie board, snacks for the kids, and master captain. To make this experience even more luxurious, there is the option for chef services as well.
- Liquid Alaska Tours–Adventure lovers over the age of 12 can appreciate the natural beauty of the Mendenhall Glacier Ice Adventure Tour. The best time of year for this Juneau tour is May through September and the trip takes approximately 5.5 hours to complete. The meeting place is in downtown Juneau, where you will be picked up and driven to the Tongass National Forest, which is where the Mendenhall Glacier resides. There you will be taught about canoeing to your final location…Mendenhall Glacier!
- Above and Beyond Alaska–One of the finest Juneau tours to offer an unforgettable private group tour to the Fortress of the Bears. This tour begins with a 25-minute scenic floatplane flight to Windfall Island. From there, you’ll kayak to Pack Creek Bear Sanctuary, the premier coastal brown bear viewing area on Admiralty Island. After a leisurely 1-mile paddle, you will land on the beach and embark on a short hike to the main bear viewing area. After viewing these magnificent animals, you will head back to the kayak to paddle towards Windfall Island to be picked up by the seaplane. A picnic lunch, snacks, and water are available on your adventure.
Come Stay at the Best Hotel in Downtown Juneau
Juneau tours are certainly a unique experience like no other. Our hotel will also give you and your guests or family that same unique experience. There is no other place quite as special as ours, particularly when it comes to fine accommodations. Our hotel will provide you with top-notch service, and a wonderfully satisfying breakfast each morning. Not only will we provide you with a wonderful breakfast to start your day, but we also offer our guests midday treats and complimentary beverages. Our rooms offer the perfect place for families, romantic couples, or business travelers to relax after a busy day of adventure.
Enjoy complimentary high-speed wireless internet, daily housekeeping services, luxurious 450-thread count sheets, private bathrooms with soothing bath salts, Direct TV, a private rooftop garden with Jacuzzi, and so much more. Our location is the perfect launching point for any adventure, even if it is a stroll to local restaurants. Book a stay with us today!